Entry-level positions common among ENSP alumni include:
- Research/technical assistant - federal agencies (science)
- Program analyst - federal agencies (policy)
- Policy analyst - non-profit organizations
- Environmental scientist - engineering and environmental services firms
- Field- and/or research assistant - wildlife ecology and other sciences
- Sustainability coordinator - in businesses and universities
- Environmental/outdoor educator
- Peace Corps, Americorps, and Teach for America volunteers
- Go here for more detail
After 5-10 years, many ENSP alumni continue on as:
- Mid-level employees and/or policy-makers in governmental, consulting, and/or non-profit agencies related to environmental science, policy, or advocacy.
- Regional/environmental planners
- Scientific researchers
- Public school educators
- Go here for more detail.